Monday, July 13, 2009

Bicycle Illinois Day 2 - Carbondale to Centralia


Ride Stats - Day 2:

Distance: 102.51 Miles
Time: 7:27:04
Avg: 13.76 MPH

That's more like it! :) The weather cooperated and I was able to complete the century distance today. Our route was a point-to-point distance of 72 miles with a 28 mile loop to complete the century. By the time I got on the loop, the wind had picked up and the temperature had increased. Since I was riding by myself, it made for a more challenging finish than I had anticipated. But as my TNT cycling buddy (and mentor) Paula knows, I was determined to get through it and I did!

The ladies you see with me in the picture above are Peggy to my left and Liz to my right. These are my riding partners for the trip. We have had a BLAST riding and exploring the sights and sounds southern Illinois has to offer! I can't thank them enough for making me feel welcome and letting me ride with them.

Well, I'm off to get the bike ready for our Day 3 adventure to Effingham, and then to bed! Thanks for reading my blog and I'll check in with you tomorrow.

Slowing! :)

5 comments:

  1. Gary, You ROCK! Keep up the good work. You can do it. Thanks for keeping us all posted on your ride. Way to represent the TEAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Gary!!! Sorry it's taken so long for me to post to your blog. Looks like you are having a good time. Looking forward to keeping track of you while your on your way back to Chicago. Be safe out there! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Gary! Keep it up!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud of you sir! Just catching up to your blog today.... Keep up the pace! Be safe.
    Karen Victor

    ReplyDelete