Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Can't Believe It's Here Already!

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to my blog which will detail the adventure that is known as Bicycle Illinois 2009. It's a six-day 600 mile bike ride from the southernmost tip of Illinois (starting in Cairo) to Northerly Island in Chicago. I know what you're asking. Why on earth would anyone sign up to participate in such an event? Uh..because it was there? In all honesty, I really don't know what the H - E - double hockey sticks I've gotten myself into. On the one hand, I'm very excited to attempt this. On the other hand I'm scared out of my mind to attempt this. I guess it balances out in the end.

So you'll get to read my thoughts and incoherent ramblings as I traverse the great (almost bankrupt) state of Illinois on my trusty Trek 2100 road bike.

Before I go any further, I want to thank Campbell Street Bicycle Shop in Arlington Heights for making sure my bike is in tip top shape for this ride. I also want to thank Rachel Erlichman of Able Bodies Training in Buffalo Grove for making sure I'm in tip top shape for this ride. Finally, I want to thank the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program for helping me find a passion for riding a bike.

The rubber meets the road starting Sunday July 12th!

More to come.....Stay Tuned!

8 comments:

  1. You GO, Gary! Ride like the wind! Imagine that you are pulling the whole TEAM behind you ;-)
    -Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a bad dude!
    thanks for the props, but it's always a pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very exciting can't wait to hear all about it sounds like something to sign up for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Gary Go! I'll be thinking of you and am SO PROUD OF YOU!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing adventure! Best of luck for a safe and wonderful ride!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be safe and have fun! You are so going to rock this ride.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Gary! What a very exciting adventure - good luck, be safe, have a great ride! I can't wait to hear all about it,

    ReplyDelete