Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bicycle Illinois Day 5 - Champaign to Kankakee


Ride Stats - Day 5

Distance: 103.73
Time: 8:17:49
Avg: 12.50 MPH

Look who showed up on the course today! My friend, Quark the Ferengi, was in Onega, IL today and invited me, Liz, Peggy and Erin to stop and have some free cookies. This truly shows how universal cycling is. Thanks Quark! :)

In contrast to yesterday's tough day, today's ride was MUCH better. It still was a long day, but the time seemed to fly by as my aforementioned riding partners and I talked and laughed the whole day long. Several milestones were set today. Since it was a mandatory century ride, Peggy and Erin completed their first century rides today. And I continued my streak of century rides completed on consecutive days which now stands at four in a row. Congratulations to all!

Tomorrow, we complete our week long journey by riding into Chicago and ending the Bicycle Illinois tour. I'll post final comments and thanks tomorrow.

Keep the rubber side down!
Gary






4 comments:

  1. Gary....just getting caught up with your posts. What an awesome experience! I don't think I could do it, but I'd sure love to try. Thanks for keeping us all up to date on your amazing journey. Keep pedalling, my friend. You're almost home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another day at the office for you by now. I am soooooo very proud of you. See you soon or maybe by the time you read this I will have given you a BIG HUG!!!!!!!! Take care enjoy the day. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary was the Rock of the Ride! It was he that made the day pass quickly w/ many unexpected fun moments with our "Jubilee Team" (I'm turning 50 in August-A Jubilee Celebration). We had a great week - and with Gary's quick smile and helping hand for those unexpected flat tires, etc., how could we not have a great week? Back to reality on Monday . . . Take care & THANK YOU for welcoming the family from CA, WI, & IL.... Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, a Sox jersey????

    ReplyDelete